Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:08:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem I Cannot solve

Dear friends,
I cannot solve this problem.
I am unable to build xemacs21 un alpha the port seems not working ???
here are the errors which follows.
The strange thing is that copying and pasting the conftest program and
compiling it it works, so I do not know why configure stopts with a core:

configure:4098: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -mcpu=ev56   -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib     -Xlinker -R/usr/local/lib:/usr/libexec conftest.c
-lutil -lxpg4 -lgcc -lc -lgcc /usr/lib/crtend.o 1>&5
Segmentation fault - core dumped
configure: failed program was:
#line 4087 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"