Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3927: xview library fails on -current and on 2.2.x

The following reply was made to PR ports/3927; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To: frankd@yoda.fdt.net
Cc: helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De, freebsd-gnats-submit@hub.freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:00:12 -0700 (PDT)

  * I had this problem until Wolfgang built xview-lib and -config for me on
  * his -current system. I have a stock 2.2.2 system that I can test fixes on

 Ok, I tried it too.  On my system (2.2-stable mid-last week,
 3.0-current yesterday), workman doesn't work.  (I only tried as myself
 -- not as root.)

 It dies like this:

 ===
 >> workman
 XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file number
 XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file number
 XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file number
 XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file number
 XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file number
 XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file number
 XView warning: Notifier error: Bad file number
 Segmentation fault (core dumped)
 ===

 I compiled xview-*/workman on both the 2.2 and 3.0 systems, even
 fetched the ones in ftp.freebsd.org's packages-current.  None of them
 worked.

 Frank, can you try the one on mirror sites' packages-current?

 Satoshi