Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:25:17 -0600
From:      Wayne <wayne@etaq.com>
To:        John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't sshd into box

Dear John,

    I am only trying to connect as a normal user.

    telnet etaq3
and
    telnet etaq3 22
and
    telnet etaq3 25

all come right back disconnecting me:
wayne@etaq:/home/wayne>telnet etaq3 25
Trying 192.168.0.12...
Connected to etaq3.etaq.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

    portscanner etaq3
finds ports 22, 23, 25, 110   just fine.

--
Wayne M Barnes
wayne@etaq.com