Date:      05 Jun 2002 13:24:27 -0400
From:      Gregory T Pelle <pelleg3@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netgraph channel bonding

I am trying to setup a cluster computer using FreeBSD 4.6-RC and have
been running into a problem.

What modules do I have to load in order to setup the network bonding?  I
am presently loading ng_one2many, ng_ether, netgraph, ng_iface,
ng_socket.  Are they all needed?

I am using the script out of the ng_one2many man page with modifications
for my network cards dc* instead of fxp*.

When I run the script I get two error messages saying something along
the lines that the network is not reachable (narrowed the lines that
were giving me the error:

	ngctl msg dc1: setpromisc 1
	ngctl msg dc2: setpromisc 1)

The ip address is assigned to dc0 by dhcp (use etherboot to boot the
machines).

The machines do not want to talk to each other after the script to bond
the network interfaces together.

What am I doing wrong?

Greg