Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:25:38 +0100
From:      Thomas Pornin <pornin@bolet.org>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@planet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: setting date correct

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 11:53:39AM +0100, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> I got the correct date and time now. I simply used the date command in
> freebsd, so, looking backwards, it was easier than it looked.

This sets the time as known by the running kernel, but you might
want to use adjkerntz so that the date is mostly correct on next
boot (the CMOS clock must be corrected also).

For a real timekeeping, use ntpd. The `ntpdate' command would have
done the trick either, provided you have access to a ntp server.

	--Thomas Pornin