Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:29:41 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@tiac.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network installation problems

I've tried many ftp distribution sites today and have experienced very low
throughput.  We're on a 100mb link and have no problems, for example,
installing Linux over the net.  I've had to reboot into the installation
several times today because eventually it just hangs.

So, I'm wondering what the situation is.  I purposely do not use
ftp.freebsd.org because it's throughput is terrible.  I've tried
cvsup[1-3], ftp[1-4] (ftp5 can't be resolved), etc. etc.

Thanks,

Forrest