Date:      Sun, 29 May 2011 14:53:46 -0700
From:      Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
Cc:        Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>, 'Dieter BSD' <dieterbsd@engineer.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RELEASE] New Boot-Loader Menu

On May 4, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Devin Teske wrote:

>=20
> On May 3, 2011, at 9:06 PM, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> Devin,
>>=20
>>=20
>> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 08:45:14PM -0700, Devin Teske wrote:
>>>=20
>>> On Apr 30, 2011, at 8:11 PM, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> Piece of cake! If you give me a loader(8) that exports a "version" envi=
ronment variable, I'll give the Forth functionality in mere seconds. It's a=
lready been developed (but was not packaged).
>>>=20
>>> I have a module named "version.4th" which prints the value of the "vers=
ion" environment variable at the bottom-right of the screen underneath the =
beastie logo.
>>>=20
>>> Since you mention this, I'll add the code to the next package and if/wh=
en loader(8) ever exports a "version" environment variable, it will just ma=
gically appear. How's that sound?
>>>=20
>>=20
>> Sounds perfect!
>=20
> One minor adjustment... can we make that environment variable "loader_ver=
sion" instead of "version"?
>=20
> The code is already in for "loader_version". Whatever string you export i=
nto that environment variable will be displayed on-screen at bottom-right, =
right-justified.

The code for thew new menu has been committed to HEAD.

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D222417

Now...

Who wants to make the necessary patch to loader(8) to export $loader_versio=
n text?

Or maybe a suggestion on another list worth including on this?
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.