Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:24:45 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

Julian,

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Chris Dillon wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> >
> > > I still would like to hear from people. I'm extremely surprised that
> > > FreeBSD community seems not interested in this at all. I got very
> > > few replies from few people (Julian Elischer, Terry Lambert -
> > > thanks!) and that's it.
> >
> > I'm very interested, as are some other people I know, but we just
> > don't have any bluetooth hardware to use yet.  Don't think people
> > don't care and thanks for the good work. :-)
>
> Yes. we are aware of the work and we are pleased that it is hapenning, but
> few of us have even SEEN any bluetooth stuff yet..
> certainly in the US it's not yet being marketted a lot.

Please :-) May i suggest to look at www.compusa.com and
search for Bluetooth. Then try to look for the nearest
store that has it. Prices <= $100. Yes, it is more expensive
then 802.11. Yes, you can not do a lot with it right now,
but Microsoft and Apple already claim support for Bluetooth.
Yes, i know, "claim" does not mean much :-)

> Until it becomes more common all we can say is
> "hey FreeBSD is there ahead of the crowd" :-)

Linux had Bluetooth stuff for almost a year now. Or
may be even longer. People in Europe try to use Linux
with Bluetooth for all sort of stuff, access points,
printers, headset, phones you name it. Some even run
in on iPAQ and Sharp Zaurus. Is that common for you? :-)

I'm not trying to troll. You anyone wants to discuss
it further, please, please, please take it off the list.

thanks,
max