Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2012 04:54:40 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <egrosbein@rdtc.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Send traffic to itself using real NIC

--0-712463822-1344488082=:4474

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> 07.08.2012 23:32, Marko Zec пишет:
>> On Tuesday 07 August 2012 18:20:28 Eugene Grosbein wrote:
>>> On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 04:33:11PM +0200, Marko Zec wrote:

First of all net.link.ether.inet.useloopback and
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_useloopback exist for kind of that reason; setting
them to 0 should actually make the traffic going to the NIC.
However I am not sure about the status of them; I think qingli at
least broke the IPv6 one.

>>> That would be nice solution but jail(8) manual page says:
>>> "a fairly complete file system install of FreeBSD is required"
>>
>> No, a separate filesystem is not required, that's a manpage bug.  Just try the
>> above 3 commands, they really work.
>
> Indeed, they work just fine, thanks!
>
> Modern jails are cool but their manual page is not ;-)

Depends, / is not a fairly complete file system install of FreeBSD in
your world view? ;-)  [ which is what no path argument implies ]

/bz

          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.
--0-712463822-1344488082=:4474--