Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:28:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <mestery@visi.com>
To:        Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended laptops for FreeBSD?

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Dann Lunsford wrote:

> Hi!  I need some advice (or at least some information :-)) about buying
> a laptop.  What brands/models support FreeBSD best, etc.?
> For instance, today I saw a ThinkPad 1472 (pretty sure that was the
> model) with 14" screen, 6.4G drive, DVD/CD, 64Meg, etc; looked real
> nice, just what I need for the trips I'll be making, if it only runs
> FreeBSD.  Will it?  I have an old ThinkPad 750C running FreeBSD now,
> which is why I'm looking at the 1472, but I'd really like to have
> peoples' opinions.

Along these lines, does anyone have any experience with the Dell
Inspiron 3500?  Dell has a real nice deal now (14.1 inch display, 64MB
RAM, 4.2GB drive, CD-ROM) for ~$2,000.  Has anyone used one of these
with FreeBSD before?  I know firsthand the Dell's are nice machines, as
my father has one.  But I don't know if anyone's used the Inspiron's
with FreeBSD.

--
Kyle Mestery			| StorageTek's Storage Networking Group
mestery@visi.com		| http://www.freebsd.org/