Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 1997 19:18:44 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel builders: update your assemblers

Later this week, I am going to commit some kernel changes that will
rely on your having an up-to-date version of "as" installed.  If
you do "make world" or something equivalent, this will be taken
care of automatically.  But if you occasionally update just your
kernel, you'll need to make sure that you've installed the latest
version of the assembler (src/gnu/usr.bin/as).

I committed the assembler mods on March 29th, so if you've updated it
since then, you're all set.

Don't say I didn't warn you ...

John