Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 20:52:31 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Brad Parker <brad@parker.boston.ma.us>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions about current bt848 code

>From The Desk Of Brad Parker :
>
> I have a couple of questions about the current freebsd bt848 driver
>
> - why is BROOKTREE_PAGES so large?  it seems like it should be, worst
> case, pal rgb (768*576*4)/4096 = 432.  NTSC looks like
> (640*480*4)/4096=300

You can fine tune that value it was left large for the possibility
of multiple frame captures which the card can do.

> the "217*4" does not make sense to me...  (I get the 217 - for 16 bit)
>
> - is bktr_read missing a call to "start_capture"?  the "examples/single.c"
> program I have from my meteor days hangs in the read of a single frame...

Just debug , I have not had a chance to check bktr_read . Most of us use
the ioctl interface. download dtv from ftp site for sample code if you
like. Also you should be able to get vic going with very little problems
Just use grabber-meteor.cc and change the reference to meteor0 to bktr0
or whatever bt848 device you have created.

	Regards,
	Amancio