Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 22:50:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wayne Poole 6088 <mojo@globalserve.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP problem

	I've been using pppd/chat to make a connection to my isp since
2.1.7-release up to 2.2.6-release and I've been having connection lockups
when i open up more than 2 or 3 net apps at once. Once a lockup happens I
have to reboot the system to get a working connection again. I've changed
all the systems hardware recently (mb, cpu, etc) except for the modem and
still have the same problem, I've tried changing around my kernel
configurations and still have the same problem. I use the same modem and
pretty much the same ppp configuration in linux and don't have the same
problem and was wondering if it was possibly a configuration or software
problem? Here's a list of hardware im currently using:

	AOpen AP5T-3 Motherboard
	Intel 200mhz mmx processor
	USR Sportster data/fax/voice 33.6
	ATI 3dxpression+