Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:08:24 -0500
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape/old libraries

I have seen java applets that will run under UNIX netscape (at least on HP)
that won't run on win95 netscape. Talking 4.xx here

As for AOL.  The buddy list stuff is not just for AOL, you can use it
to talk to anybody that signs up for it, with or without an AOL account.
Whether you think it is worthwhile to keep track of friends on line is
a different matter completey.

Don't be too hard on AOL, with the number of UNIX servers they have, they
have probably kept more than one UNIX hardware vendor in business.

Ron Steele