Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2023 14:19:12 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Morgan_Wesstr=c3=b6m?= <freebsd-database@pp.dyndns.biz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache log rotation

On 2023-07-16 21:07, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Ever since I upgraded from FreeBSD 13.1 to 13.2, each week when the logrotate
> happens for my Apache logs, apache dies. I see this in the log...

I don't have an answer for your specific problem but just wanted to suggest an
alternative solution. Have you looked at sysutils/cronolog? Instead of relying
on logrotate and restarting the apache process you simply pipe the logs to
cronolog which splits them according to a pattern you define. Apache will run
uninterrupted and logrotate won't be used at all.

Snippets from my own conf files that splits the logfiles per year-month (note
the pipe sign):

ErrorLog "|/usr/local/sbin/cronolog /var/log/apache24/httpd-error.%Y%m.default.log"
CustomLog "|/usr/local/sbin/cronolog
/var/log/apache24/httpd-access.%Y%m.default.log" combinedio

Regards
Morgan