Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2011 19:13:46 +0530
From:      Rajneesh Kumar <iwc2010005@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can we do perform a C style file Read/Write from within a ARP module

Hello sir/madam,

I am new to this. Kindly reply.

I am modifying the native ARP version to thwart any ARP Poisoning attack
against my machine. I need to save some additional data to achieve my idea.
So, My question is, can I do a file read/write operation using C code from
within any ARP function (precisely from in_arpinput() function in
net/if_ether.c) ?
If no, how can I do it?
If yes, at what location my files would reside? Can I access those files
after system reboot? or it will be in some temporary location and flushed
off after every reboot?
Thank You.

--
Regards,