Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:55:23 -1000
From:      "Art Neilson, WH7N" <art@hawaii.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BerkeleyDB 1.85

db 1.85 appears to be built into libc on my 3.4-Stable box,
I'd really like to build BerkeleyDB 3.0.55 from Sleepycat
and grab the BerkeleyDB perl module off CPAN so I can utilize
the lock manager within db 3.0.55.  I recently learned the
fdopen locking method detailed in the Camel book is broken
and need the locking for an application I'm developing.
I'm unsure if 3.0.55 will build correctly with modules of
the same name residing in the standard system libc library,
has anyone built and installed it on FreeBSD and used it with
the Perl BerkeleyDB interface from Paul Marquess???

--
    __
   /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.