Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 00:10:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more PPP help

hey there:  thanks for the help!  I followed your instructions and lo
and behold, got it to automatically dial when I typed "dial provider."

However, got some weird messages when I asked it to dial:

ppp ON 208> dial provider
Warning:  Add route failed: 0.0.0.0: errno: Network is unreachable
Warning: Config: dns: No such key word
Warning: enable: Failed 1
Dial attempt 1 of 1
Phone: (and then blah blah, it dials and lets me connect to my isp,
however something is still not registering because I can't get
home.netscape.com to work)

here are the contents of my /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup file :"

MYADDR:
 delete 0
 add 0 0 HISADDR

208.238.64.144
 add 204.215.84.1.0 0 HISADDR

eeek....something tells me I'm almost getting this, like I'm a step away
from getting this...

good thing you people on this list are patient with the likes of us
newbies.  'Cause I've discovered that once you get a problem settled,
there's another.  For example, there's that situation with the funky
colors in X, but I'll ask y'all that later, after I get my machine
connected to the 'net.

thanks again!

--alissa