Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:25:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Kazuhiko Kiriyama <kiri@kiri.toba-cmt.ac.jp>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't compile kdelibs-2.1b

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Kazuhiko Kiriyama wrote:

> I try to compile kdelibs-2.1b(x11/kdelibs), but stop with the following
> error at build process. What's wrong?
>
> >> Checksum OK for kdelibs-Beta2-1.src.tgz.
> ===>  Extracting for kdelibs-2.1b
> ===>  kdelibs-2.1b depends on executable: moc - found

[lots of errors taken out]

> checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/giflib
> checking for QT... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include/X11/qt
> checking for moc... test: syntax error
> /usr/bin/moc

see here

> checking for KDE... will be installed in /usr/local
> checking for main in -lcompat... yes
[more errors taken out]
> creating config.h
> ===>  Building for kdelibs-2.1b
> make all-recursive
> Making all in kdecore
> /usr/bin/moc kconfig.h -o kconfig.moc
> /usr/bin/moc: not found
> *** Error code 1

notice in the first group of errors above that there was a syntax error
when it tried to get moc.  FreeBSD found it, but that configure script
choked at that point.  moc is part of qt, and I don't know why kdelibs
had trouble finding it ... but that's your problem.  Make sure your build
of qt is up to date, and that moc is installed from it and in root's path.

Maybe you want to make sure you're running the newest ports version of qt?

If you find that's the problem, you better tell the kde maintainer about
it, so he can beef up the depends line in the kde makefile.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |