Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:35:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Subject:   Re: NewComer Questions...

Hi David Greenman;  On 31-Jan-97 you wrote:

>    The "-current" limit is 512 disk devices...sd0 through sd511. I plan to
> bring this change into the 2.2 branch perhaps as early as tonight.

I will switch over to -current once I gather the courage :-)  The project
needs to deliver in about 120 days.  Should I target all work at 2.2,
or 3.0.  Cannot do it for -current.  Right?

> >When the initializing routines are running, are interrupts enabled?
>
>    That's a difficult question. It depends on which version of FreeBSD and
> what type of device (PCI/ISA) it is. Bruce might know the answer more
> specifically.

PCI, Version is at least 2.2-BETA.  Maybe even 3.0?  See above.

> >Is the VM totally functional?
>
>    Yes, the VM system is initialized prior to any device probes/attaches.
>
> >  Can one sleep in the initializing?
>
>    No, but you can DELAY().

Good.  Thanx.  FreeBSD appears to be a better O/S than most!

Simon