Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 12:46:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Sake Blok <sake@euronet.nl>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        dj@dial.oleane.com, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-00.42-alpha-270298.tgz available

> > If I  don't  unplug the card, I  have  many, many,  many  "TEI address
> > request/remove/assign" messages after the  first connection try (which
> > fails, anyway) :
>
> Please send me the output of isdntrace for this, perhaps it tells more.

I had that too, but it was bc I had filled in the following in isdnd.rc:

local-phone-incoming    = 0204415235
remote-phone-incoming   = 0204415235
local-phone-dialout     = 0204274330
remote-phone-dialout    = 0204274330

Changing it to:

local-phone-incoming    = 0204415235
remote-phone-incoming   = 0204274330
local-phone-dialout     = 0204415235
remote-phone-dialout    = 0204274330

fixed it :-)

But now I'm stuck :-(

How do I actually use the ISDN-device to make a connection?
I tried ifconfig, but then, where do I fill in username and passwd?
I looked at pppd, but how do I select the ISDN-device (I see nothing
appropriate in /dev/...)

I feel a little stupid, there must be something right under my nose...

Sake
--
Sake Blok                            * *      EuroNet Internet
                                   *     *    Herengracht 208 - 214