Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:10:42 GMT
From:      "Brett Jackson" <rawpacific@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd monitor troubles

I have recently attempted to install freebsd on my computer.
When configuring my X windows settings on the install I choose my video card
(tnt2) and seleceted the resolution it usually runs on. When asked to tests
this I pressed ok. My monitor turned off and refused to turn back on for 5
minutes so I just restarted my computer. Then the trouble began my monitor
turned back on and was full of flashes of color like the fuzz you get whne
you loose a cable connection on tv. It wouldn't even go to bios it just
started when I turned on not giving me a chance to fix things. I have played
around with my monitor plenty and don't really see a way to fix this since I
cannot get to any options.
I doubt its my hardware speaking it was working well with linux for the last
year.
As you could imagine I'm quite pissed at this event and any help as soon as
you can would be good.