Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 09:40:31 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FBSD through diskettes?

Jo=E3o Fernandes wrote:
> =

> Is there any available distribution of FBSD in diskettes? I was
> wondering how could I install it in a portable PC without
> CDrom :-/
> =

> Thanks in advance.

Read the handbook on using boot disks.  You will want to install over
the network if you don't have a CD-ROM.  A FreeBSD install could easily
run through hundreds of floppies depending on what you want to install.

If you only need the bare essentials, you don't have to install FreeBSD
at all, you can run it directly from the floppy itself.  Check out
PicoBSD in the releases section of the source tree.  =

-- =

  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer
_|  _|___|  _| _|_\___| Office: 703-883-7755