Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:50:47 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        "Thompson, Jimi" <JimiT@mail.cox.smu.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Award BIOS Upgrade Fees - Slightly Offtopic

This sounds like it is offered as a 3rd party BIOS upgrade.  You didn't say
who the manufacturer is, bust most of the better manufacturer's support
their own BIOS updates directly.  Using a 3rd party BIOS is often used on
non-support motherboards or older motherboards that are no longer
supported, or for some special feature the original manufacturer does not
support (different CPU's or controllers, etc.)

For a 3rd party BIOS, 39.95 is cheap.  They can be much higher, close to $100.

         -Derek