Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:32:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@footech.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   qpopper

As a precaution, I have two hard drives.  Each drive contains
a bootable root file system, a /var filesystem, and a /usr
filesystem.  At night a cron job updates files on the secondary
drive from the primary drive.  The system is a mail server
running qpopper.  I have discovered that when I mount the root
filesystem from the secondary drive and the /var and /usr
filesystems from the primary drive Eudora (when running on a
workstation) complains that it can't open the temp file.
The problem seems to be related to the /var filesystem
because it goes away when I mount the /var filesystem from
the secondary drive instead of the primary.  Does anyone
know what temp file Eudora could be talking about.  Thanks
for any input.

     ... doug