Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:56:57 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who is interested in /dev/midi and /dev/synth ?

Hi Guys,

Just be a little patient. Luigi is coming up to speed and to be honest
he needs a hand to help him solve some of the technical issues.

Luigi's driver is sufficiently different that one can not just rip
code out of the linux sound driver and drop in his driver and
Randall I expect for you to  understand this because you have
cursory knowledge of both sound drivers.

On the down side , if we manage to burn him up then it seems to me
that the next alternative for full fledge support is the OSS driver.

	Cheers,
	Amancio