Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 16:15:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@TheWorld.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   xchat-1.8.8 segfaulting on -stable

Hello:

Xchat has started segfaulting & coredumping here.
Until the past few days, xchat has been trouble-free.

OS: 4.5-stable as of 2002/05/01 just before the 4.6-prerelease commit
Ports tree: updated 2002/05/05 & all dependencies/versions
    up-to-date, except as noted below

xchat is 1.8.8

XFree86 is still 4.1.0_10

Seems the segfaulting didn't start until after 2002/05/01
(when I updated the base OS), otherwise xchat has worked
fine.  The segfault appears to be happening when I try
to connect to an IRC server.  Any idea(s) as to what's
happening & how to repair?

Thanks,

-kc