Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:13:27 +0900
From:      Rob <stopspam@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about Hauppauge WinTV 350

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> A number of software products use the Hauppauge WinTV 350 "Personal
> Video Recorder" (what a stupid name!).  I've been planning to get one
> for some time, but here in Australia the prices are ridiculous (more
> than double what they are nearly anywhere else).  So I've decided to
> have one sent from overseas.

I'm in Korea, which supposed to follow USA standards.
I had such a TV card sent over from Europe and set the NTSC option
in the kernel configuration file.

I never got it work. I used FreeBSD, but all I got was sound, without
pictures. I installed recent Mandrake/Linux, that got me pictures but
no sound.

I'm not an expert at all in this TV/Computer stuff; so I gave up on it.

Either the TV-card is very sensitive to what computer I have (let me
not blame the OSes, but my hardware first), or it needs a computer-freak's
mind and intelligence to get it work. Or Korea has a not so standard NTSC
TV system.....

Regards,
Rob.