Date:      Sun, 04 Mar 2001 10:36:02 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Version Numbering

In message <20010304121708.A8682@cec.wustl.edu>, Andrew Hesford writes:
> Yes, I was making a joke, and you're the only one who realized this.
>
> This is the last time I post humor on -stable.

It doesn't matter whether you meant it as a joke or not.  This would
have become a number of threads with a over a hundred messages lasting
two weeks.  While we're this close to a release I need to read
everything so I can avoid code that could potentially break my systems
yet participate by testing on my less critical systems.  Storms of
email with useless chatter makes it more difficult, as someone might
say something useful in a thread started as a joke. Otherwise I might
miss the one gem that might save me hours of work.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC