Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 1995 07:14:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      LAJOIE@yalph2.physics.yale.edu
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ppp works OK - then reboots!

	I 'm using 2.0R and I have managed to get a ppp connection to work (at
least at first!).  I can establish the connection and get the local and remote
IP addresses just fine. I can even telnet and FTP to remote sites, and the
nameserver and gateway work just fine.

	However, after 1-2 minutes, the system just reboots!  No warning
whatsoever, I'm just dumped out of FreeBSD. I have recompiled the kernel with
the GATEWAY option and the ppp pseudo-device, and my modem is a Digicom 14.4+.

	Is this a "known" problem with 2.0R, and if so, how do I fix it?  If
it's fixed in -current or one of the snapshots, how do I just fix ppp without
"upgrading" the whole system (I'm really conservative about these things....).

	Thanks for the help!

John Lajoie
Yale University Physics Department
lajoie@yalph1.physics.yale.edu