Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 13:02:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kevin Hoos <-yungblood-@excite.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp  problem

I have a small problem.  I recently upgraded to 3.3 over the
phone line, and the upgrade worked great.  The problem is
that I can't get ppp to run outside the upgrade utility.
When I try to run ppp as root in interactive mode to try to
set it up, it hangs right after it prints:

- yungblood# ppp
- Working in interactive mode

I need my computer to be to dial up to the net! I don't mind
dealing with the settings to get it to dial properly, and all
that.  But I'm confused when I can't even get to the ppp
prompt in interactive mode.  I have root in the network
group, that didn't help.  What do I need to do??

-yungblood-