Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 09:53:56 -0100
From:      Darius Moos <moos@webmore.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bug in disktab-manpage

Hi,
(if the following has already been mentioned, please excuse and ignore)

a few days ago i configured my ZIP-100-SCSI drive and installed a UFS on
one disk. While reading the disktab(5)-manpage (on FBSD-2.1.5) it seems that
there is a minor bug in it.

man 5 disktab says:
     ns        num      Number of sectors per track
     nt        num      Number of tracks per cylinder
     nc        num      Total number of cylinders on the disk
     sc        num      Number of sectors per cylinder, nc*nt default
     su        num      Number of sectors per unit, sc*nc default

In my understandind of this (and i am everything else than a disktab-guru)
the formula for "sc" should be:
     sc        num      Number of sectors per cylinder, ns*nt default
                                                        ^^
with this change the formula for "su" gets also the right meaning.
Maybe this is already corrected on FBSD-2.2+, i don't know. Could anyone
comment on this.

Darius Moos.