Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 19:39:56 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   MASTER_SITES=

For ports that we acknowledge are out of date and accept that the
master site no longer has the version of the files that we want (e.g.
hylafax, popclient), does it make sense to put an empty MASTER_SITES=
in the port Makefile?  This prevents the timeout or failed attempt to
get a file that we know for sure isn't going to get fetched, and forces
a fallback to the FreeBSD distfiles backup.

If the port does eventually get upgraded, the old MASTER_SITES= can be
resurrected from the CVS history if needed.

  Bill