Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:41:23 +0400 (MSK)
From:      Kluchnikov Grigory <grn@ispras.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting MS-DS fs writeable for all

You may mount msdos with setting GID and UID of the owner
of the files in the mounted file system and set mask for file
permissions for files in it:

mount_msdos -m 775 -g <some_gid> -u <some_uid> /dev/wd0s1 /msdos

You may create a group (set write permission for it -m 775) and
put all the users who need to write to this FS into group.

See 'man mount_msdos'

Grigory.

> From: Nils Holland <nils@frozenfeelings.com>
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Mounting MS-DS fs writeable for all
> Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:09:21 +0200
>
> I currently have the following entry in my /etc/fstab in order to mount my
> MS-DOS filesystem under FreeBSD:
>
> /dev/wd0s1	/msdos		msdos	rw
>
> The filesystem is being mounted correctly, but only root can write to it, the
> other users cannot. I thought that this might simply be changed be changing the
> permissions of /msdos (where the DOS-partition is mounted to) but this does not
> work. So, how do I make my mounted DOS-partition writeable for all?
>
> Greetings,
> Nils

Best regards,
Grigory Klyuchnikov
Institute for System Programming Russian Academy of Sciences,
109004, Moscow, Russia, B.Kommunistitcheskay, 25,
  phone(work):   +7-095-9125659
  fax:           +7-095-9121524
  e-mail:        <grn@ispras.ru>