Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 21:11:12 -0500
From:      ringlord@bbs.dcoisp.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   perl memory use question.

Hello to all.
I am running a freebsd box with 128 megs of ram, 400 megs of swap space
and I am running into a bit of a perl problem.
This box is used as a webserver running the apache 1.3 webserver.
One of my clients tries to run a perl script as part of his nightly CRON
job.
The error message from the cron daemon reads:
file /home/www/twc-online/cgi/weblog/adverts.pl out of memory!"
I went back and examined the /var/log/messages file for clues.
Initially, when that out of memory error poped up, I was only running a
small portion of swap space.  I increased swap, and the swap_pager, out
of swap space message has disappeared from my messages file.
However, the script still can not complete, do to the lack of memory
supposedly.
Is this just simpley a case of needing yet more ram? :)
Would increasing swap space help at all?  I wouldn't think so, due to a
lack of an out of swap space error in my files.
Thanks.
Jeremy