Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 1995 09:20:59 +0900
From:      =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQjwwZhsoSg==?=  =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPV8bKEo=?= Atsushi Murai  <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.org, NETMGR02@CBE.AB.CA, freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Slip or PPP dial on demand?

terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert) wrotes:

>Ohio Gozaimasu!

O ha you go za i ma su. (おはよう瘢雹ございます)

>You wouldn't happen to have a Kanji->Romanji converter (ideally) or a
>Kanji->Kana converter (less ideally -- I can barely read Peach-boy Momo,
>I'm afraid I speak better than I read or write, and listen better than
>anything else).

Unfortunatlly, we don't have Kanji->Romanji nor Kanji->Kana converter.
As you know, Kanji has two pronouciation at least. It's up to combinat
ion/part of sentence. But unlike a chineese, Japanese is build not only
a Kanji but also Hira Kana/Kata Kana. Both kana.

Anyway a conveter is should understand not only a word but also sentence!!

>I'd be interested in the post-tex'ing output as a JIS 208 ASCII file, if
>nothing else.
>
>(Continuing Jordan's thread about education).

You will find "jtex" or "ntt tex" by archie on Japanese ftp sites. and
I beleive it's already porting/using to/on FreeBSD. It's doesn't require
speciall hard ware (i.e. Kanji printer), but you will need a lot of disk
space for Japanese font stuffs.

Atsushi.

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341