Date:      Mon, 17 May 2004 16:42:05 +0300
From:      Dmitry Sergienko <trooper+freebsd+ipfw@email.dp.ua>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw prefix-list support request

Hi!

I'm thinking about external prefix-lists in ipfw. This is like
prefix-lists in Cisco IOS or tables in OpenBSD pf.
In my opinion it will be very convenient to do the following:

# use prefix-list
ipfw add 100 allow ip from prefix-list goodcustomers to any

// add prefixes to prefix-list
#ipfw prefix-list goodcustomers add 10.0.0.0/24
ipfw prefix-list goodcustomers add 10.0.1.0/30
ipfw prefix-list goodcustomers add 10.0.1.5

// list prefixes in prefix-list
#ipfw prefix-list goodcustomers list
10.0.0.0/24 (5 matches)
10.0.1.0/24

// clear counters in prefix-list
#ipfw prefix-list goodcustomers zero

// show all available prefix-lists
#ipfw prefix-list show
good-customers

// delete items from prefix-list
#ipfw prefix-list goodcustomers delete 10.0.0.0/24

// delete all items from prefix-list
#ipfw prefix-list goodcustomers flush

The main advantage is to maintain list of  prefixes separately from
rule, without tweaking the rule.
Current syntax in ipfw2 doesn't allow to do this (or have I missed
something?).

Please tell your opinion about this feature, is it really will be useful
not only for me? If so, we will try to implement this.

--
Best wishes,
Dmitry Sergienko (SDA104-RIPE)