Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 12:40:35 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@mina.sr.hp.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Doug Lo <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net>
Subject:   Re: **URGENT** Upgrading 2.2.5-R problem,somebody help me,please.

> On Sat, Oct 25, 1997 at 04:12:26PM +0800, Doug Lo wrote:
> > When I reboot, the problem is I CAN'T use 'root' or any user from login,
> > seems these
> > passwords not right, and it appears login failed.

     It could also be the problem of crypt vs MD5 passwords.  If Doug was
previously using crypt passwords, I think he'd have to install the
2.2.5-R crypt option (isn't MD5 used by default?).

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.