Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2017 23:22:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Three '450.status-security' scripts enabled by default

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 700, Issue 3, Message: 10
On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 08:06:35 +0900 (JST) Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org> wrote:

 > > Thank you for explanation. But in fact today I received 'monthry
 > > security run output' mail from my home server. And I also checked
 > > trash folder of my mailbox and confirmed that I recieved 'weekly
 > > security run output' mail on last Saturday. So there must be something
 > > that doesn't fit your explanation.
 >
 > OMG, again the source of this problem is "pkg". 410.pkg-audit and
 > 460.pkg-checksum doesn't support security_status_*_period
 > variable. Therefore they are always executed if
 > weekly_status_security_enable and/or monthly_status_security_enable is
 > 'YES' (and they are 'YES' by default).

Ahah.  After hunting through 10.x and 11.x sources, not finding those,
seeing reference to having removed some pkg-* scripts along the way ..

What version of FreeBSD are you running? (uname -a) and how was it
installed; originally or by freebsd-update or from updated sources?

That is, was there an earlier version installed previously?

Please show output of:

 ls -lrt /etc/periodic/security

And if there are any older files there, perhaps also the output of:

 ls -lrtR /etc/periodic

cheers, Ian

PS: please cc me on replies as I take the daily digest - just arrived.