Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:43:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>
To:        blackend@freebsd.org (Marc Fonvieille), Daniel Tourde <daniel.tourde@bredband.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: We, poor Eurpoeans....

> From: blackend@freebsd.org (Marc Fonvieille)
> Date: Thu 19 Sep, 2002
> Subject: Re: We, poor Eurpoeans....

> I'm european too :)
> When I want to print a ps/pdf/whatever file, I choose A4 paper in the
> menu/properties of my ps/pdf viewers. The letter format is not a
> problem.

It might be worth considering generating the standard documentation in
US Letter size with the extra 0.2" right margin suggested by RFC 2346
("Making Postscript and PDF International"), if the toolchain supports
it, so avoiding possible truncation of text on the right of the page
when printed on A4 paper.

RFC 2346 also suggests a reduced page length and increased top margin
space when processing for A4 paper, to minimise problems printing on
US Letter paper.  (I used to use this as the default when I produced
product documentation using troff, but the documentation build could
be configured for any of A4/LETTER/RFC2346.  I presume it's also
possible to tweak the jade back ends in a similar way.)

		Cheers,

		Mark.

Reference: <http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2346.html>;

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark@thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>;
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses