Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:15:40 -0000
From:      "homayoun" <homayoun@ipbill.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problems installing zebra on FreeBSD 5.3

Hi guys

I have FreeBSD 5.3 installed. I wanted to install zebra. I tried to install
using the ports colection however i started to get errors. The errors were
that pam_misc.h and a few other files were missing. I then found these files
and put them where they were supposed to be. Thinking there would be no
problems after this i made a make command. However i now am getting the
followine error:

===>  Building for zebra-0.95_2
make  all-recursive
Making all in lib
Making all in zebra
Making all in bgpd
Making all in ripd
Making all in ripngd
Making all in ospfd
Making all in ospf6d
Making all in vtysh
cc  -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/ucd-snmp   -o vtysh
vtysh_main.o vtysh.o  vtysh_cmd.o vtysh_user.o vtysh_config.o
../lib/libzebra.a -lm -lcrypt  -lreadline -ltinfo  -L/usr/local/lib -lcrypto
 -lsnmp  -lpam -lpam_misc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam_misc
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/zebra/work/zebra-0.95/vtysh.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/zebra/work/zebra-0.95.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/zebra/work/zebra-0.95.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/zebra.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/zebra.

A search on google only turned out 1 useful comment about the error. This
was if pam authentiaction was not needed then to disable it but this had no
bearings on the outcome and i was left with the same error message.

Can anyone help me?

Homayoun