Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:08:07 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: New Boot-Loader

On Sun Mar 27 11, Warner Losh wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2011, at 10:48 PM, Devin Teske wrote:
> > 	Replacement Boot-Loader: twitpic.com/4e46ol
> >
> > NOTE: The final release will have a single-user mode option.
>
> This looks really cool.  Nice to see a fresh look for the boot loader...

sorry if we have different opinions on this matter, but i don't quite see
the "fresh" look.

imo a "modern" boot loader looks like this

http://www.dailycupoftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/ubuntu01.png

or this

http://images.linuxscreenshots.com/distro/opensuse/11.3/h400/01_boot_menu.png

... and not something made out of ascii chars like it's 1981. ;)