Date:      05 Nov 2001 10:22:42 +0000
From:      Rolf Neugebauer <neugebar@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
To:        bmah@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFR:  Hardware notes update for Alpha architecture

bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah) writes:
> A week or two ago, I posted a query about bringing the hardware notes
> for the Alpha in sync with reality.  The idea was that there were a
> number of devices that are listed as supported in the alpha hardware
> notes, just because no set of supported architectures was explicitly
> specified for them.  While not a huge problem for the current state of
> FreeBSD, I'm looking forward to where we'll need to support a few more
> architectures, and we'll need to be more definitive about what devices
> are supported for each architecture.
>
> Based largely on the drivers in the alpha GENERIC kernel configuration,
> as well as Wilko's alpha-specific documentation, I've made up a patch
> for CURRENT's hardware notes to try to disambiguate some of the entries
> (i.e. try to add arch= attributes to more of the devices supported).
> Could some people "in the know" about the alpha give me some feedback?

The FORE Systems, Inc. PCA-200E ATM PCI Adapters (hfa driver) does not
work on alpha on -stable and shouldn't appear on the hardware release
notes for alpha.

IIRC a compile time error due to some missing initialisation. I
planned to investigate this a bit further, but didn't have the time
for it sofar.

I don't know about the ENI-155p.

Rolf