Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:38:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        Wai Chan <waichan@hpu.edu>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <el@njit.edu>, <kellers@njit.edu>
Subject:   RE: webct on freebsd?

Thanks for the reply, Wai.

I believe we are running Campus edition of WebCT on our main production
server --from what I learned at a meeting I attended on Monday, the Oracle
DB version isn't available (to NJIT, anyway) until sometime in September.

With the availability of that upgrade being on or just after the beginning
of the new semester and the history of WebCT "upgrades" breaking the
extant production version rather spectacularly (and egregiously for the
admin of the WebCT box), it's doubtful that anyone is going to rush into
the new version.  In fact, if I can get Campus Edition to run at a
production level, I see no reason to rush into a newer version.

Have you ever used WebCT under Redhat emulation?  Do you (or anyone else)
know if that is feasible/preferable?  I'm fairly sure that the current
WebCT we are using is a bit more than just perl based.  I think the "chat"
functions are all java applets.

Thanks for you help and input,

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT