Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:40:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Rasmus Skaarup <mfbsd@skaarup.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell TrueMobile problems (again)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <20020306144005.P30128-100000@skaarup.org>
>             Rasmus Skaarup <mfbsd@skaarup.org> writes:

> : wi0: at port 0x240-0x27f irq 11 slot 1 on pccard2
> : wi0: mac read failed 28
> : device_probe_and_attach: wi0 attach returned 28
> : pccardd[136]: driver allocation failed for Dell(TrueMobile \
> : 1150 Series PC Card): No space left on device
>
> First, you'll need 4.4-RELEASE or newer.  You'd be better off with 4.5
> since I fixed a number of minor bugs between the two releases.
>
> The mac read is interesting.  That's usually a timing problem, but I'm
> not sure how to resolve it.

I've discovered that when pccardd is running I'm getting random panics
(although very often when I do a power-off shutdown)... But when pccardd
/is/ running a "pccardc dumpcis 2" gives a very nice output (with the
correct mac address and everything).

I'm running 5.0-current, cvsupped 3 days ago.

Best regards,
Rasmus Skaarup