Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2012 17:37:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        James <james@hicag.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMALL FreeBSD capable board

>    Soekris Engineering makes excellent boards. While they are based
>    in the states, they do have a reseller in Europe.

How much power does it use and at what voltage? the lower the better

>    I use a bunch at work for various tasks. Very reliable hardware.
>    They use various i386 compatible AMD Geode CPUs. You can give it

i DO NOT need i386 compatible. of course it won't hurt.

>    whatever sized CF card you want or attach a small hard disk. Use a
>    serial console to bootstrap and make sure you configure your
>    FreeBSD system to use serial console. Some also have one or more
>    PCI slots, useful for your GPIO/SPI interfaces.
>
>    HTH!

found /usr/src/sys/mips/conf/TP-WN1043ND

this TP link router is easily available and cheap.

no problem to build kernel and userland but are there any guide/text about
how to boot FreeBSD on it?