Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 2014 10:15:11 -0500
From:      "Cory Dohm" <cadatoiva@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Updating Master/Slave Ports

I'm trying to update the port pair net/libtorrent-rasterbar and
net/libtorrent-rasterbar-python (slave port of net/libtorrent-rasterbar)
from 0.16.17 to 1.0.2 because that is the latest stable release. I've never
updated a port before, but found this tutorial
(http://www.unix-experience.fr/2013/contribute-to-freebsd-port-tree/) that
got me started. I can get net/libtorrent-rasterbar to make install and
update with portmaster, but when I try to make/update the python slave I get
this error:

===> libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.2_1 is already installed
You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
If you really wish to overwrite the old port of libtorrent-rasterbar
without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
in your environment or the "make install" command line.

This error shows up even after using make deinstall on the master port,
because it seems that the python slave is installing the master port as a
dependency. However, it also did this with the 0.16 version and yet that one
installs correctly. Any insight you can offer to help me resolve this issue
is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Cory