Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:07:24 -0800
From:      "Mike Arthur" <mikearthur@moscow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD won't install

I have been try to install FreeBSD for the past week, using 4.2 and 4.1.1.
Every time I have done so, I get an error after the installation is over,
during boot up.  One of three errors have come up.  "Invalid Partition
Table,"  "Missing Operating System" or "No /boot/loader".

The hardware that I have in the box is a Abit BP6 motherboard, two 40 gig
harddrives, 256 megs of ram, two Celeron 366's, a Netgear NIC, and an ISA
video card.

I was hoping you would know why I would get an error like this.  I have
tried using only 1 harddrive and making a 1.2 gig partition with standard
MBR and that didn't work.  I was hoping that you could help me figure out
either, what I am doing wrong, or possible problems and solutions to that
problem.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,
-mike