Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 10:43:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>
Cc:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>, "(ML) FreeBSD ISP" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Paging Software (WAS: Re: ISP Conversion)

> I looked at qpage, but it appeared only to be for sending requests to a SNPP
> server.

It is a full paging package, both client and server.  You run the qpage
daemon on the machine with an attached modem, and you can either only run
the client on that machine and have it invoke pages by mail, or you can
put the client on each monitored machine and have your various monitoring
scripts call it to alert you...

I compiled it from the source, but the author noted that it is now a
port/pkg in -current.

Worked great for me, much easier to set up than any other package I've
used.

Charles

Have you sucessfully set up a SNPP server?  I can't seem to find