Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:25:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        turetta@trust.stylo.it (Angelo Turetta)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libXt.so.6.0: what's that ?!?

> I'm trying to use TeX (my goal is to print JLaTeX docs about user mode ppp,
> but I'm now focused on having the plain vanilla version 3.1415 from 2.0.5R
> packages correctly installed)
>
> To test my environment, I decided to print the file
> /usr/local/lib/texmf/documentation/usrguide.tex.
> I'm now able to produce a usrguide.dvi without errors, but when I use
> dvips-5.58 (also from 2.0.5R packages), it tries to compile the font files
> but it fails with:
>
>   ld.so: mf: libXt.so.6.0: Undefined error: 0
>
> I've searched this library all over the two CDs, but I cannot find it.

It's in the XF8631x distribution - I don't recall for the moment
whether 2.0.5 contained dists/XF86311 or dists/XF86312, anyway,
do a

tar zxvf /cdrom/dists/XF86312/X312bin.tgz -C /usr

( or where your cdrom is mounted.y You may require a couple of other X libs
- if you want to see which ones, type ldd dvips).